March 31, 2009

The Love Dare

My hott husband!
I went to Abundant Life Store today to get Chloe a Baby Praise DVD. I was told that she will love it. While I was in there I decided to buy "The Love Dare" book from the movie "Fireproof" which we loved. I think all marraiges involve work everyday and we are currently following The Dream Marraige monthly, which we love, so I just thought, might as well throw this in the mix too. So for the next 40 days I will be taking this challenge for Chad (which he does not know, and he does not ever read this, so Im safe) so I can understand and practice unconditional love! Here's the Introduction.... I recommend you all to take the dare no matter if you marraige is rock solid or hanging by a string!
First. a unique aspect of love will be discussed. Read each of these carefully and open to a new understanding of what it means to genuinely love someone.
Second. you will be given a specific dare to do for your spouse some will be easy and some very challenging. But take each dare seriously, and be creative and courageous enough to attempt it. Don't be discouraged if outside situations prevent you from accomplishing a specific dare. Just pick it back up and proceed on with your journey.
Last. You will be given journal space to log what you are learning and doing and how your spouse is responding. it is important that you take the advantage of this space to capture what is happening to both you and your mate along the way. You hav the responsibility to protect and guide your heart. Don't give up or get discouragedLearning to TRULY love is one of the most important things you will ever do!
IM EXCITED~!

post signature

1 comment:

The Mathews Family said...

My hubby and I did the love dare together! It's awesome....we are going to do it again (but not tell each other we're doing it this time...) Can't say enough about it really- it's a powerful tool!