August 14, 2009

New room :)

Still needing to add some things to this wall...
Her first musical, and her outfit shadowboxed. I thought she would like to have memories of the 1 minute 27 second that we stayed
This is were I got the colors from, it's a blessing jar from my Aunt Kim :)
I finally changed Chloe’s room into a big girl room and took down her crib. I’m pretty sure Wendy will be needing her crib back soon, fingers crossed ;) Needless to say I have been very BUSY! I decided to be very thrifty and use my old furniture when I was younger. I remember going to Pier One and picking out my wicker bedroom suit, I got the armoire, daybed, hope chest, and shelf (I eventually went back and got the queen size head board,when I got older. ) I used all of this until Chad and I got married, then my parents bought us a different bedroom suit. Basically I have really gotten my money’s worth out of this wicker. My main change I wanted to do in Chloe’s room was to paint the walls, I still wanted to use her main theme of zebra and hot pink, but I wanted to incorporate another color, so I decided on lime green. I had a lady come out and give me an estimate on the painting. I really liked her and thought she had some really cute ideas. After I gathered all the paint and supplies for her I had already spent 200.00. She charged by the hour and I knew she would be there for awhile. So I sucked it up and painted it myself with the help of Christy and Amanda. I did all the green walls and ceiling myself during the week, so it wouldn’t take as long, so every night after Chloe would go to sleep I would paint a couple hours . It took us 6 hours to do just the stripes. Amanda was helping me tape the walls off, until Christy said she was doing a terrible job, so she got fired from that. I taped off and they painted the columns. I had decided that I didn’t want the wicker to be white anymore so I chanced it and painted it black, and it looks great. I’m so glad I didn’t go spend the money on new furniture. All in all I think the room turned out great and I personally think it is super cute! Chloe loved it, she put her arms out and was turning a slow circle saying “oooh, ohhhh!!!" I also painted the super white walls in her bathroom, I painted the walls yellow and the ceiling pink. I revamped my room also, I painted it a sassy blue color and purchased a new comforter set :) I really like it :) I will post pics of it soon. Its a hard blue to decorate with, so Im having hard time finding things. More rooms to come :) Please feel free to let me know of any fabulous colors you have used on your walls, I have a really hard time with picking out the right color of paints. I need a color to run through the house, like a taupe color. I also like golds and reds....

post signature

2 comments:

Jen Price said...

So cute!

Paige said...

A really good basic color we have in our house and on all of our ceilings is called latte. I don't know who makes it, but it can't be too hard to figure out. It is just one of those great taupe colors, a designer recommended it and it looks great.